Good Monday morning! It’s another cold one here in Maine. We have all of this snow and really haven’t been able to do much in it because it has been so cold! Yesterday Angus and I managed to get a great day of skiing in at Sunday River with awesome snow and temps hitting 30 degrees. Looks like that was short lived because today it’s back to cold and windy. Here’s a recipe for a breakfast that I’ve been making a lot lately. It’s a great, healthy, and filling winter breakfast.
Oatmeal and Egg White Pancake
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash of cinnamon
1. Spray a pan with cooking spray and put it on medium heat to warm up.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together and then add the egg whites.
3. (Optional) You can mix the ingredients and then give them a whirl in a food processor to make more of a batter. I sort of like the texture of the pancake better when I do this, but if you’re in a time crunch you don’t have to. Just use quick cooking oats if you skip the food processer.
4. Pour the batter into the pan to cook. It will be thicker than normal pancake batter so you might have to spread it around a little bit.
5. Cook the pancake. A few minutes on each side. I flip it when the top is starting to look firmer and less like batter. You’ve probably made regular pancakes before. It’s like that. If you try to flip too soon it will probably fall apart. Pancake in a bowl is also delicious if this happens to you! 😀
6. Top with REAL maple syrup and dig in! Sometimes I add a few nuts as well.