Here’s a recipe that I’ve been using lately to make my own homemade granola bars. The store bought ones tend to have a ton of sugar and are really more of a candy bar than a quick healthy snack. It really doesn’t take long to make your own and they are so much tastier and much better for you! You can play around with flavors by adding different nuts, dried fruit, etc. This combination is delicious and even reminds me of “7 layer bars”, which happen to be a favorite dessert of mine!
Homemade Granola Bars
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup craisins or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Heat the maple syrup and almond butter in a sauce pan on low until melted.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Press the mixture into a greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
5. Bake bars at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Wait until they are cool and then cut into bars (with a sharp knife) and enjoy!