I actually don’t drink coffee very much anymore but I’ve been making this drink at least once a week for the past few weeks. It’s about time I share it. I really wish this was a tasty iced coffee recipe but sadly spring has decided to not come to Maine this year and I’m still freezing, sitting by the pellet stove, and drinking hot coffee/ tea instead of iced. I hear that the trails in Portland are dry now so I’m planning on going out for a trail run later. I’m also going to go to the famer’s market in Monument Square and get some flowers to plant. Now if only the weather would warm up!! Anyways, here’s a tasty coffee recipe. 🙂
Vanilla Cinnamon Cafe Au Lait
- 2 heaping TBS of ground coffee
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- sprinkle of cinnamon
1.Make coffee. So I make my coffee using a Melitta cone filter where you just pour hot water over coffee grounds and magically get a tasty cup of coffee. Since you’re adding a good amount of milk to this drink I make my coffee a little stronger than I would normally drink. Fill a cup up 1/2-3/4 with coffee.
2. Stir in honey and vanilla extract.
3. Add milk. If you’re wondering how I got delicious frothy milk, it’s from an aerolatte. They’re about 30 bucks and work really well to make coffee drinks at home! If you don’t have one of these and don’t care about it you can just add the milk without frothing it. I’ve made the drink both ways now.
4. Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
I’ve found some awesome new spinning tunes and they’re too good not to share. A few of the songs (the ones by Manian) have been stuck in my head for days now! If you’re looking for some good pump up music, look no further. 🙂
Happy Monday everyone! What’s for dinner this week? Here’s a quick and easy recipe for you to try! Since most nights of the week I don’t get home until 6 or 6:30 I have been all about dinners that take hardly any time at all to make. This recipe is a keeper!
- 3/4 pound of haddock
- Soft corn tortilla shells (You can use anything really, but I like these. Found them at wholefoods)
- romaine lettuce
- fresh salsa (Again, wholefoods has a great one that’s not expensive)
- Monterrey jack cheese (optional)
- wedge of lime
1. Put your fish in a glass baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake the haddock in the oven. I preheated the oven to 500 degrees and it took about 15 minutes to cook. The fish is done when it flakes easily.
2. Meanwhile, get all your toppings ready. I use lettuce, salsa, corn, avocado, and some cheese.
3. When the fish is done you can warm up your tortillas in a frying pan.
4. Now the fun part! In your warm tortilla add some fish and whatever toppings you desire. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the taco.
5. Keep making and eating tacos until there’s no fish left! 😀
Another full house Saturday spin class at Quest is in the books! It was cold, rainy, and windy this morning so an indoor cycling class was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. After class Angus and I went to Cyclemania to pick up the bike I’m going to test ride tomorrow and then enjoyed some delicious bagels from Union Bagle Company. (Arguably the best bagels in Portland!) Afterwards we headed up to Freeport to do a little shopping and then went for a quick swim at the Y on the way home. Here’s my latest and greatest for spinning tunes. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!
Okay, now it is FINALLY starting to feel like spring. Yesterday I had the day off so I had the chance to drive up to the Freeport YMCA and jump in the pool. First time since August! (I drive to Freeport because the pool is bigger and newer than the one in Portland… and it’s really not that far.) For those of you training for triathlons here’s a good swim workout that’s easy to follow, quick, and keeps you entertained. I find that when I go to the pool with a plan I end up getting a much better workout than when I got and just swim mindlessly. Here’s what I did yesterday:
After my workout I decided to stop at the Maine Running Company for some new running shoes. For the first time in 11 years I ended up purchasing a shoe other than the Mizuno Wave Rider and the Asics Gel Nimbus. I ended up with the Saucony Triumph and I’m really excited for them! I went in looking for the Gel Nimbus but they were out of stock so I gave this shoe a try and I love it! Haven’t been running in them yet but I’m looking forward to it. AND they were 10 bucks cheaper than the Gel Nimbus. Yahoo! If you’re in need of some running shoes go check this place out. The staff is very knowledgeable and it’s so important to be fitted for a pair of running shoes to avoid injury-especially if you are new to running!